The Think Tank launched a European project “The Economic Impact of Public Libraries” in autumn 2015. The aim of the projects is to share experience and knowledge on new ways of demonstrating impact and value of European libraries and address political key messages to politicians at both national and European level about the economic value of public libraries.
- Increase the political awareness of the impact of public libraries on society and improve library advocacy
- Expand and rethink methods to measure the role and impact of public libraries across Europe
- Expand the debate of the future role of the libraries
- Share knowledge and experience
- Create a European learning network on measurement of the impact of public libraries
Participating countries: The Netherlands, Spain, Croatia and the UK
The Reading and Writing Foundation supports the project.